The second season of RIVERDALE picked up moments after Season One’s finale, with Fred Andrews shot by a mysterious assailant in a black hood—and his son Archie racing to save his father’s life. No one was safe from The Black Hood’s wrath…except for Betty, whose speech at the town’s Jubilee “inspired” the Black Hood and made her the object of his murderous obsession.
All of our gang teamed up to stop the Black Hood, including Jughead Jones, who also acclimated to a new school and endured a trial-by-fire to become a full-fledged member of his father’s gang, the infamous Southside Serpents —even as FP Jones struggled to get back on the straight and narrow. As Archie and Betty wrestled with the “darkness” the Black Hood had revealed in them, Veronica Lodge agreed to help her father Hiram and mother Hermoine with the “family business,” which pulled her and Archie into a dangerous world of mobsters and criminals. Even star-to-be Josie McCoy was drawn into the Lodge’s political machinations. Meanwhile, Queen Bee Cheryl Blossom was locked in a power-struggle with her mother Penelope, and found an unlikely ally in Toni Topaz, a Southside Serpent, who had recently transferred to Riverdale High. Furthermore, Betty and Alice’s lives were turned upside-down when Betty’s long-lost brother Chic moved into the Cooper house.
With tensions between the North and Southside at an all-time high—stoked by Hiram Lodge with the help of Reggie Mantle, and intensified with the Black Hood’s unexpected re-emergence—a civil war seemed imminent. And, indeed, after a brief respite during which everyone came together to put on “CARRIE the Musical,” directed by Kevin Keller, Season Two built to a riot that brought out the worst of Riverdale and its citizens, and culminated in the shocking arrest of one of our main characters.
- KJ Apa as Archie Andrews
- Lili Reinhart as Betty Cooper
- Camila Mendes as Veronica Lodge
- Cole Sprouse as Jughead Jones
- Marisol Nichols as Hermione Lodge
- Madelaine Petsch as Cheryl Blossom
- Ashleigh Murray as Josie McCoy
- Mark Consuelos as Hiram Lodge
- Casey Cott as Kevin Keller
- Charles Melton as Reggie Mantle
- Vanessa Morgan as Toni Topaz
- Skeet Ulrich as FP Jones
- Mädchen Amick as Alice Cooper
- Luke Perry as Fred Andrews
- This season marks the final on-screen appearance of Luke Perry. Additionally, production was shortly shut down temporarily in the wake of his death on March 4, 2019.
- All episodes of the third season that aired following the date of Perry's death were dedicated to him.