The season aired on Tuesday nights at 8:00 PM prior to Superman & Lois during the first four weeks of March, Supergirl from March 30 to May 11, and Superman & Lois again for the remainder of the season.
It will arrive on DVD and Blu-ray on September 28, 2021.
Season seven is split into multiple graphic novels, starting with the continuation of the previous season's Reflections and Lies arc, episodes 1 to 3; then God Complex, episodes 4 to 11; Interlude I, episodes 12 to 14; and The Godspeed Imperative, episodes 15 to 18.
"Barry Allen lived a normal life as a perpetually tardy C.S.I. in the Central City Police Department. Barry’s life changed forever when the S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator exploded, creating a dark-matter lightning storm that struck Barry, bestowing him with superspeed and making him the fastest man alive — The Flash. After a thrilling cliffhanger last season which saw the new Mirror Master victorious and still-at-large in Central City, The Flash must regroup in order to stop her and find a way to make contact with his missing wife, Iris West-Allen.
With help from the rest of Team Flash, which includes superheroes Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon, Ralph Dibny, and Nash Wells, as well as the Flash’s adoptive father Joe West, Meta-Attorney Cecile Horton, tough cub reporter Allegra Garcia and brilliant tech-nerd Chester P. Runk…Flash will ultimately defeat Mirror Master. But in doing so, he'll also unleash an even more powerful and devastating threat on Central City: one that threatens to tear his team—and his marriage—apart."
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash, Harrison Sherloque Wells†, Harrison "H.R." Wells†, Wells the Grey†, and Harry Wells† (18/18)
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen/Iris Flash (16/18)
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow and Frost (17/18)
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon (12/18)
- Danielle Nicolet as Cecile Horton (16/18)
- Kayla Compton as Allegra Garcia (15/18)
- Brandon McKnight as Chester P. Runk (14/18)
- Efrat Dor as Eva McCulloch (3/18)
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison Nash Wells†, Harry Wells†, Harrison Sherloque Wells†, Harrison "H.R." Wells†, Harrison Orson Wells†, Harrison Wells (Earth-1)/Timeless Wells†, Eobard Thawne/Harrison Wells/Reverse-Flash (5/18)
- Jesse L. Martin as Captain Joe West (18/18)
- Natalie Dreyfuss as Sue Dearbon (3/18)
- Ashley Rickards as Rosa Dillon (1/18)
- Eric Nenninger as Joseph Carver† (2/18)
- Victoria Park as Kamilla Hwang (6/18)
- Patrick Sabongui as David Singh (2/18)
- Jon Cor as Mark Stevens/Chillblaine (4/18)
- Michelle Harrison as Speed Force/Nora/Joan Williams (9/18)
- Sara Garcia as Fuerza/Strenght Force/Alexa Rivera (5/18)
- Ennis Esmer as Psych/Sage Force/Bashir Malik (4/18)
- Christian Magby as Deon Owens/Still Force (5/18)
- Jordan Fisher as Impulse/Bart Allen (3/18)
- John Wesley Shipp as Jay Garrick (2/18)
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Nora West-Allen/XS (4/18)
- Karan Oberoi as Godspeed/August Heart (4/18)
- Carmen Moore as Kristen Kramer (9/20)
- Stephanie Izsak as Officer Daisy Korber (4/20)
- David Dastmalchian as Abra Kadabra/Philippe (1/18)
- Jona Xiao as Carrie Bates/Rainbow Raider 2.0 (1/18)
- David Ramsey as John Diggle (1/18)
- Donna Soares as Judge Tanaka (1/18)
- Donny Lucas as Chip Cooper (2/18)
- Alexa Barajas as Esperanza Garcia/Ultraviolet (3/18)
- Jonathon Young as Dr. Olsen (1/18)
On June 8, 2020, it was announced that production would resume in the following weeks, with COVID-19 production safety policies being put into place by Hollywood North's government Creative BC. Production for the season is expected to start up in August 2020.
On August 8, 2020, it was announced that production would not begin until the industry debate between crew unions and Hollywood unions over COVID-19 testing comes to an end.
Filming for the season officially began on October 1, 2020.
On November 29, 2020, production was suspended due to a team member's asymptomatic COVID-19 diagnosis.
On March 3, 2020, Brandon McKnight was upped to a series regular role for the seventh season.
On March 5, 2020, Kayla Compton was also promoted to series regular.
- The first trailer was released on August 22, 2020.
- Despite originally being set to premiere on February 23, 2021, it was later revealed that the season would instead debut a week later, allowing Superman & Lois to have a two-hour series premiere event.
- On May 4, 2021, it was announced that Tom Cavanagh and Carlos Valdes would be departing as series regulars after seven seasons.
- "CW Renews Batwoman, The Flash, All American, Supergirl, Legacies + More *Update Confirmed with Full Press Release*" - SpoilerTV
- "Flash Season 7 Synopsis Threatens Barry and Iris' Marriage" - CBR
- "CW's Arrowverse, Riverdale Start Process to Resume Production" - Comic Book
- "Production Dates - Various Shows *Updated 2nd July 2020*" - SpoilerTV
- "The Flash Season 7 Won’t Film Until Industry Debate Ends" - Screen Rant
- "The Flash Season 7 Will Reportedly Start Filming Next Week" - Screen Rant
- "‘The Flash’ Pauses Production After Positive Covid-19 Test" - Deadline
- "‘The Flash’: Brandon McKnight Upped To Series Regular For Season 7" - Deadline
- "‘The Flash’: Kayla Compton Upped To Series Regular For Season 7" - Deadline
- "Hartley Sawyer Fired From 'The Flash' After Racist, Misogynist Tweets Surface (Exclusive)" - The Hollywood Reporter
- Hartley Sawyer (@hartleysawyer) on Instagram: "My words, irrelevant of being meant with an intent of humor, were hurtful, and unacceptable. I am ashamed I was capable of these really horrible attempts to get attention at that time. I regret them deeply. This was not acceptable behavior. These were words I threw out at the time with no thought or recognition of the harm my words could do, and now have done today. I am incredibly sorry, ashamed and disappointed in myself for my ignorance back then. I want to be very clear: this is not reflective of what I think or who I am now. Years ago, thanks to friends and experiences who helped me to open my eyes, I began my journey into becoming a more responsible adult - in terms of what I say, what I do, and beyond. I've largely kept that journey private, and this is another way that I have let so many down. I still have more work to do. But how I define myself now does not take away the impact of my words, or my responsibility for them. I am very sorry."
- "The Flash Season 7: Shadowhunters' Jon Cor to Play a Chilling Villain" - TVLine
- "The Flash Season 7 Trailer (HD) DC FanDome" - TV Promos - YouTube
- "The CW Sets Season Premiere Dates For ‘Flash’, ‘Batwoman’, ‘Riverdale’, ‘Walker’, ‘Nancy Drew’, ‘Charmed’ & More" - Deadline
- CW18Milwaukee (@CW18Milwaukee) on Twitter: "The ultimate power couple. Don't miss the 2-hour #SupermanAndLois premiere event -- featuring a 90-minute debut & 30 minute "Legacy of Hope" special -- Tuesday, February 23rd!"